Well, here are five things you can do to celebrate the holiday in and around the neighborhood.
1. Take the kids swimming - Old Economy Park Pool will be open from noon to 7 p.m. on Friday, July 4. The weather forecast will be hot, hot, hot, so what better way to spend the holiday than by taking a cool dip in the pool.
2. Buy fireworks - What's July 4 without sparklers and firecrackers? Fireworks stands have been popping up around the area, including one in a parking lot near the Baden Bowl off Route 65.
3. Have a barbecue - Ambridge Do It Best is selling Independence Day decorations, party items and more to spruce up your celebration. Many local stores you can find deals on foods to grill and more.
4. Go golfing - Harmony Ridge Golf Club is hosting a Fourth of July weekend golf special. Play all day for $25 with a cart on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Harmony Ridge is located at 1280 Route 989 in Harmony.
5. Watch free public fireworks - Just because Ambridge no longer does its July 4th event, doesn't mean you can't find one nearby. Neighboring Leetsdale is hosting its annual Fourth of July celebration, which includes a carnival from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., a parade at 2 p.m. and fireworks at dusk.
The Aliquippa Boom and BBQ Rib Cookoff runs from 2 to 10:30 p.m. at Lefty Cepull Field on Main Street. Cost is $25 to enter cook off. Participants can sell ribs and side dishes. Fireworks are from 9:30 to 10:30 p.m.
Like Ambridge Connection on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for our weekly newsletter.