Notice went out to Borough of Employees that a member of the police department tested positive for COVID-19.
Read the notice in its entirely below:
Ambridge Connection , Last update 4/14/20 , 6:30 pm
Youth Grab and Go Meals:
1. Ambridge Area School District has designated lunch only meal services in three locations throughout the district. This service will run from Tuesday, March 17, 2020 and will be operating daily until further notice in the following locations:
2. Good Samaritan Church :
Daily Meal Distribution – the Beaver County YMCA is supplying us with 75 dinners each day. They are grab and go dinners for all youth 18 and under. We will be passing them out from 11 – 1. The reason that we chose this time is because that is when the Schools give out Breakfast and Lunch. This way the kids/or parents are only leaving the house once a day and getting all 3 meals. Starting Monday we will be offering this 7 days a week
Food For Families:
1. Good Samaritan Church / St. Vincent De Paul 724-266-6565 call for appointment Emergency food pantry - we will offer families 3 days worth of food as needed. It will be by appointment at this time. This may change as the need changes. Open to anyone in need. n addition, anyone that receives food will be called once a week for a well care check.
2. ( VOLUNTEERS NEEDED) Help needed at Good Samaritan Church: Drivers/Shoppers – Although we haven’t had any requests for this yet, I am expecting those requests to start rolling in next week. All parishioners are getting a postcard in the mail letting them know we are offering this service.
3. Monday 5:30-6:30pm The Ladle at St. John’s Lutheran Church located at 1320 Church St. (Old Economy), Ambridge
4. Ambridge Alliance Church , 901 Merchant St. For those that are in need of assistance:Give us a call at 724.266.2329 Let us know what your need/s are, and if we don’t have what you are in need of, we’ll try our best to get it for you. Also, if you are not able to leave your home (self-quarantined for health reasons; I.e., sick or elderly) and need someone to pick up groceries or meds, we will be happy to pick them up for you. You may also call If you are in need of prayer or spiritual guidance in these trying times.
5. ( VOLUNTEERS NEEDED) Ambridge Alliance Church , 901 Merchant St , You can drop your non perishable off on either Tuesday & Friday 10:00 AM til 1:00 PM 724.266.2329
6. Center for Hope:
Grab and Go dinners every Thursdays at 5 pm in parking lot
Starting Monday, March 30, they will be open Monday-Thur Noon til 3 pm food distribution for those in need.
7. Attention State Street Families:
Beginning Monday, April 6th, Dinner and a Snack will be provided for families to pick up at St. John's in Baden from 11:00-12:00 Monday-Friday.
Any families picking up Lunch at State Street can go directly to the church for their Dinner and Snack. A reminder that State Street Lunch pickup is Monday-Friday 11:15-11:45.
Any family needing any additional items, please tell Cindy at pickup at the church.
The State Street Staff is thinking of all of you during this difficult time and hope that you are all safe and healthy.
State Street would like to thank Good Samaritan, St, John's in Baden, and Our Lady of Peace for providing staples to our families.
Sincerely, Mrs. Hoover Ms. Roppa
8. New Hope Community Church:
Grab and go - curbside perishable food pick up - no information needed.
9. First Baptist church :
a hot lunch giveaway again Friday from 12-3 again in our church parking lot at First Baptist
10. Need a Mask (home made)?
Lisa Gonzalez - Sew It All contact via facebook
Wendy Ewell Contact via Facebook
Housing and Utilities
1. Evictions Halted ( varies) : Click to see flyer from Neighborhood Legal Services
2. Duquesne Light offers a variety of programs to customers who are on a limited or fixed income and are in need of assistance with their utility bill, including CAP (Customer Assistance Program), Smart Comfort, and CARES (Customer Assistance and Referral Evaluation Service). Please contact your utility directly to receive more information about the programs for which you may be eligible.1-888-393-7600 www.duquesnelight.com
Duquesne Light Expands Payment Assistance to Support Customers in Need
3. Internet Comcast writes: TO APPLY
As our country continues to manage the COVID-19 emergency, Comcast is taking immediate steps to make it easier to connect low-income families to home Internet.
1. all Crisis Intervention Services at 724.371.8060
2. I'm anxious about COVID-19. Where can I get help?
Reach out to the Crisis Text Line. Text PA to 741-741 to get help 24/7
3. 24 hr Help Line for addiction and mental health: 1.800.662.4357
4. AA/NA meetings are held on-line.
1. Financial Assistance for people facing challenges due to the Coronavirus
- Hebrew Free Loan Association: Call 412.422.8868 or visit:
2. Unemployment & Worker’s Compensation: Unemployment may be able to waive the waiting period during this pandemic. Call: 1.888.313.7284
3. Small Business Administration: They are making loans available to small business owners. For assistance contact: email@example.com or 412.396.1633
4. Pittsburgh's LGBTQIA COVID-19 Emergency Relief Fund
5. PGH Artists Emergency Fund
6. Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
United Way 211 Program
211 for information and support—whether financial, domestic, health or disaster-related. 211 is a free, confidential referral and information helpline and website that connects people of all ages and from all communities to the essential health and human services they need, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
You’ll find information about:
Want more information on how Pennsylvania is responding to COVID-19? View the PA COVID-19 Guide, and check back for updates to information and resources.
FOR THE MOST UP to Date information on COVID-19 COVERAGE- Please follow our Facebook page. We are a small staff with limited funding.
Please keep up to date on Facebook.
- LIVE Conversations
- Business Updates ( last update 3/26 12:30 pm)
- Church Info (Last update 4/2 10:25 am)
- Ambridge Area School District Info- WANT TO DONATE TO AMBRIDGE CONNECTION ?