Borough Council makes appointments to the various boards and commissions from a list of applicants who are interested in serving the community according to the borough's website.
Residents that are interested in the any of the vacant seat will be required to fill out the borough’s board application.
Kauer said that "Participation in these roles is a great way for members of the community to be active in Ambridge and actually have a say in our future and our governance."
The following volunteer positions are open :
- Civil Service Commission: (1 seat) administers police / fire hiring, promotions and disciplinary proceedings
- Planning Commission: (3 seats) advises Council on Zoning Amendments, Community Development Projects and Sub-divisions
- Zoning Hearing Board: (1 seat) presides over requests for Zoning Variances or challenges to the opinion of the Zoning Officer and such permits
- Board of Health / Code Appeals Board: (1 seat) serves as the Borough’s Health Permitting Appeals Board
- Historical Architectural Review Board: (2 seats) administers design standards and ensures the historical character of our community and the Ambridge Historic District