Ambridge School district is gearing up for a new school year with a new theme, "Dream Big."
Nearly 300 people came to the full district in service day, which was held in the high school auditorium Wednesday.
All employees including, but not limited to administration, nurses, custodial, cafeteria workers and teachers were invited to the Dream Big kick off in-service day .
Principal Nickolas Tisak said that the message is that every one has great potential and will encourage his staff to use the Dream Big theme by going for the gusto, giving the kids all they got.
During the morning portion of the in-service day, Yoga in Schools completed a wellness exercise with the district employees. Yoga in Schools is a company whose mission is to empower students and teachers with yoga-inspired exercises.
Teacher Amy Hoback said that, "Yoga in Schools showed us to stop for a minute and relax knowing that everybody stresses out. We get stressed out the kids get stressed out as well."
After the morning message, some staff expressed that they were eager to get into their classrooms to get started setting up.
Teacher Jan Rusnak said the last two in-service days have been different compared to the last 11 years that she has been involved. "It has been very upbeat and music is playing. It was a nice change of pace."
Other district personnel like Valerie Young, front security and hall monitor, were motivated to act on projects that she expressed interest in to bring more school spirit into the high school.
Hoback shared that the administration enforced trust and to raise the bar and to push yourself a little more in everything that you do.
- Ashley Ferguson, Emotional Support, Economy Elementary
- Karen Moser, Social Work, High School and Highland
- Peter Keller, Emotional Support, High School
- Adam Benson , Junior High, Technology Education
- Amy Burch, Spanish/ESL
- Paige Kruse, Spanish, High School
- Scott McMullen, Business, High School
- Noel Santini, High School, Guidance
- Jennifer Brocious, Learning Support, High School/English
- Casey Stroyne, Learning Support, High School/English
- Jacob Orend, Biology, High School
The following were announced at the Aug. 20 board meeting
- Jennifer Curcio, Learning Support, High School Special Education
- Meghan Kelly, Learning Support, Economy Elementary third and fourth grades
- Samatha Rapple, Music, Highland
Like Ambridge Connection on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for our weekly newsletter.