An Ambridge woman was flown to a Pittsburgh hospital Monday after being severely burned by a pot of grease.
“She tried to put it out with cold water and it splashed up on her body,” Drewnowski said.
The woman tried to move the pot outside and was splashed with hot grease on her feet, legs, hands and parts of her face.
Drewnowski said firefighters were initially called about 2 p.m. for a structure fire at the home. Officials arrived to find the woman screaming in pain in her living room. She suffered burns on 30 to 40 percent of her body, he said.
A landing zone was set up for a medical helicopter and the woman was flown to the burn unit at West Penn Hospital.
Like Ambridge Connection on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.