The mission of the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program is to collect new, unwrapped toys during October, November and December each year, and distribute those toys as Christmas gifts to less fortunate children in the community, according to www.toysfortots.org.
To receive toys parents must go though an application process, which McKenzie said is an easy and simple process and must be done in person.
Sign ups will be every Monday in October from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 916 Merchant St., Ambridge. On Monday, Oct. 13, applications will be accepted during the day and during one evening shift from 5 to 7 p.m.
Applicants would need to provide the following information:
- parents photo ID
- children's birth certificate
- an application filled out prior to arriving
- a black garbage bag for each child.
Applications can be picked up from:
- Sen. Elder Vogel's office in Rochester
- State Rep. Rob Matzie's office in Ambridge
- Ambridge Borough Building
- Laughlin Memorial Library in Ambridge
- Or you can download the application.
When the applicants sign up in October, they will be given a pick-up date in December to return to the Merchant Street address to receive their toys.