Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania and Columbia Pipeline Group (CPG), both subsidiaries of NiSource, Inc., are dedicated to providing first responders with the educational and monetary resources they need to keep our communities and customers safe. The safety of customers, communities and employees is, and always will be, the Companies’ number one priority. Columbia Gas Safety School educates emergency responders on how to safely respond to natural gas situations. In addition to the training, each participating emergency responder with a non-profit status who serves within Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania’s service territory may be eligible to receive a grant.
Columbia Gas Safety School consists of two parts, both a classroom and field training:
The two-hour classroom session includes a natural gas incident question-and-answer competition, a natural gas incident response safety video and concludes with discussions around natural gas facilities in the first responders’ specific communities.
The outdoor training session, held at a CPG location, is led by Columbia Gas employees, many of whom also serve as volunteer fire fighters in their own communities. Each session provides emergency responders with an opportunity to extinguish four types of natural gas fire incidents:
- Surface Fire – Simulates an area that caught on fire due to gas migrating to the surface.
- Stack Fire – Simulates a well fire.
- Flange Fire – Simulates an above-ground regulator station or meter setting fire.
- Pit Fire – Simulates a fire in an excavation pit.
Columbia Gas Safety School sessions will be held in Northern Pennsylvania territory on April 23 and April 25, 2015.
· April 23, 2015 – 7PM – 9PM, Allegheny County Police and Fire Academy, 700 W Ridge Road, Allison Park PA 15101
· April 25, 2015 – 8:30AM – 12PM, Columbia Gas Pipeline Group Training Facility. 315 Shadyrest Road, Ellwood City PA 16117
Interested in attending? Contact Senior Communications and Community Relations Specialist Sarah Perry at 724-416-6313 or SarahPerry@nisource.com.
For more information, http://www.ColumbiaGasPa.com/community-news/columbia-gas-safety-school.