"I always believed in the power of a volunteer," she added.
The following seats are open to fill:
- Planning Commission - oversees development in the community and plan for the future.
- Municipal Authority - oversees everything to do with sanitary sewers.
- Zoning Hearing Board - oversees applications for variances on any zoning ordinances, such as signs at Speedway.
- Civil Service Commission - make recommendations in police matters.
- Board of Appeals - oversee the appeals on decisions from any of the boards.
Residents interested in serving on appointed boards for the township should submit a letter to the township at 2501 Woodland Road, stating what they want to do and why. A list of vacancies can be obtained by calling the township building at 724-266-1910.