1. Open Jam Session at Harmony Ridge starts at 9 p.m. Hosting the live music event are Jason Craig and Mark Anthony Rockin Pop D on the downstairs stage. All musicians and singers are welcome. No cost .
2. A DJ will be spinning some music at 7 p.m. for a dance party at Blue Canary Coffeehouse.
3. The Muppet Movie: "Muppets Most Wanted" rated PG will be playing all weekend long at the Ambridge Family Theater. Showtimes Fridays: 7:10 & 9:40 All Seats $5.00 All Shows , Date Special; One large popcorn and two 16 oz drinks only $5.00.
Saturdays: 1:10, 4:00, 7:10 & 9:40
Sundays showtimes : 1:10, 4:00 & 7:10
Saturday, April 26:
1. It's Rental Day at Ambridge Do It Best from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Come and see live demonstrations, test out the bouncy house, or try some of the grilled samples at this once-a-year event.
2. The Messenger's will perform live at Harmony Ridge and there is no cover charge. The show starts at 9 p.m. on the downstairs stage.
3. The second annual Big Dog 5K will be held on Saturday with registration starting at 9 a.m. The run begins at 10 a.m. and the walk at 11 a.m. Proceeds raised go to support the Huntington Disease Society of America, Western PA Chapter.
4. Bring your vehicle to the Trinity School for Ministry parking lot from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for a free cash wash and enjoy some free food.
5. A.B.E. Softball kicks off the season with an Opening Day celebration at the Economy ball fields. The day from noon to 4 p.m. includes a hot dog eating contest, performance by the Ambridge Steel Drum Band, T-shirt sales, and fire trucks and an ambulance.
6. The Great American Cleanup through Keep America Beautiful will be sponsored locally. The Committee to Clean and Beautify Ambridge invites everyone to come help clean up public spaces in Ambridge. If you would like to participate, registration is from 9:30-10 a.m. at the Polish Falcons. Return at noon for lunch and fellowship.
7. Watch a baseball game and meet the high school seniors. Senior Day recognition begins at noon with the Ambridge Area High School baseball team. Game time starts at 1 p.m. against Deer Lakes at the School Street Baseball Field.
8. If you have questions about worker's compensation, SSI Benefits, and Estate Planning local lawyer Courtney Barthelemy will offer a free discussion at Laughlin Memorial Library. Registration required. 724-266-3857.
9. Two Ambridge Area High School juniors will compete in the 52nd Annual Outstanding Young Woman program at 7 p.m. in Beaver Area High School.
Sunday, April 27:
1. Harmony Twp VFD Ladies Auxiliary invites you to a Spaghetti Dinner on from 1-4 p.m. that benefits the Harmony Volunteer Fire Department. Dinner includes spaghetti, salad, bread, dessert and beverage. Cost is $5 for 8 years old-Adult; $3 for 4-7 years old; and free for 3 and under.
Save the Date for Upcoming Events
April 28 - Hunter safety courses will be offered from 5:30 to 9 p.m. April 28 and 29 at the Ambridge Sportsmen's Club. Pre-registration is required at www.pgc.state.pa.us. Class limit is 40.
May 1 - Ambridge Connection First Thursday workshop. "Social Media: How and Why for Organizations and Businesses."
May 3 - Plant Swap hosted by Akulina's Antiques and Good Intent Trading in the Historic District.
May 5 - Rooks Cantina 505 Grand Opening
May 16-18 - Ambridge Chamber Nationality Days Festival
May 16 & 17 - Indie film screening "Croaker" at Ambridge Family Theater. Meet the cast and a producer workshop.
May 25 - Help Them Play YouthFest - Free table for all organizations that have youth activities, summer camps, vacation bible school, sports and more. Come learn all about the local groups and activities for children.
Missed your event? Submit one to us!