Howard Street beginning at 8th Street and ending at 5th Street
Ray Road beginning at Ridge Road and ending at Olga Street
Hazel Avenue beginning at the municipal line and ending at the dead end.
According to PennDOT, the data collected is reported annually to the Federal Highway Administration and used in a federal funding allocation formula, which in turns determines the amount of money the state receives from the federal government.
A sample size of 7,200 randomly selected count locations are chosen since it is fiscally impossible to collect data on all 78,000 miles of municipally owned roads.
In other business, Harmony Commissioners on Wednesday:
- Approved the purchase of a new 2016 truck for the road department from Baeirl Ford, the lowest bidder. The truck will be financed and leased over a four-year period.
- Approved the $1,483 purchase of safety equipment for the road crew.
- Appointed Fire Chief James Curcio as the township's fire marshal.
- Accepted the resignation of Andrew Zabrucky from the civil service commission effective Feb. 15 and appointed Ralph Todaro to serve out the term, which expires in 2017.
- Requested that the Civil Service Commission test for the position of sergeant for the police department.
Like Ambridge Connection on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for our weekly newsletter.