The Roadmap Conference for Entrepreneurs and Job Seekers will allow attendees to choose the direction they want to take by providing speakers on a variety of topics.
"A community with an active, healthy business district more than likely has people who are employed spending money with the companies" said Felicia Mycyk, Founder of the Roadmap Conference for Entrepreneurs and Job Seekers.
"Also, why not provide the opportunity to learn how to start your own business" added Mycyk. "Hopefully they choose to open their business in our communities."
According to the organizers, The goal of providing a free conference is to help job seekers receive insights on the interview and process and support potential business owner by sharing programs available to help them, alternative funding sources, and more.
The entrepreneurial roadmap sessions will be for those who own their businesses or are thinking about starting one. The job seeker roadmap sessions will help attendees on the interview process and help them to acquire new skills or build on current ones.
During the conference, there will be employers in the lobby for attendees to have an opportunity to apply for employment.
Want to Attend?
Pre-register to be entered to win a Gift Certificate at http://www.ambridgeconnection.com/roadmap-conference.html
Time: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Location: Ambridge Area High School , 909 Duss Ave. , Ambridge, Pa 15003
Entrepreneurial Roadmap Sessions
- Entrepreneur Roadmap, Presenter: Art Clinger, Bridgeway Capital
- Starting Lean: Forget Everything you know about the business plan, Presenter: Sandra Curry, Franklin Center of Beaver County
- So You want to Start a Business, Presenter: Alisha Pizer, Job Training for Beaver County, Inc/ Owner of Alicia's Kitchen Goodies
- Getting Success as a Confident Entrepreneur, Presenter: Susan Miller, Women's Small Business Association
- Resources Available for Entrepreneurs, Presenter: Alisha Pizer, Susan Modrick, and Trish Digliodo, Community Development Program of Beaver County
- Small Business Association’s Programs and Services, Presenter: Karan Waigand, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Start my Own Business or Franchise?, Presenter: Greg Tomey, 1st Leadership Group
- How to Successfully Crowdfund a 0% Interest Loan for Your Small Business, Presenter: Emily Keebler, Urban Innovation 21
- Is There a Building in Your Future Business?, Presenter: Steve Roberts, SWC Properties
- Expand your workforce virtually and Extend your marketing digitally., Presenter: Felicia Mycyk, Consultant and Social Media Coach
Job Seeker Roadmap Sessions
- Bringing Your Job Search into the 21st Century, Resume and More, Presenter: Lisa Miller , HR Rescue Resources, LLC
- The Secret That will Get You Hired!, Presenter: Greg Tomey, 1st Leadership Group
- Social Media for Job Seekers, Presenter: Felicia Mycyk, Consultant and Social Media Coach
Employers and Vendors
- Citizens Bank
- HR Rescue Resources, LLC "47 Shades of Grey in Your Business"
- 1st Leadership
- Fed Ex
- Paramount Co-Op
- Ambridge Rotary Cub
- HR Block
- Old Crow Coffee House
- Ambridge Votes
- Express Employment Professionals
- SPACE STILL OPEN