Throughout Beaver County there will be many historical venues that are having free entry, specials and more as a coordinated effort for the county. In Ambridge the Ambridge Historic District Economic Development Committee created Spring Fest.
"There is something for the whole family to enjoy from music to art exhibitions to shopping at pop-ups and sidewalk sales" shared Connie Kovolenko, Ambridge Historic District Economic Development Committee Co- Chair and owner of Akulina’s Antiques .
Visitors are encouraged to visit the Old Economy Village Garden Mart, stroll the brick-lined sidewalks and visit the local antique shops, art, train displays.
"This Historic District community event is an example of the positive energy that results when business leaders and residents work together. This effort showcases the business opportunities open for potential investors in the District as well as supports the existing businesses" said Committee Co-Chair Reberta Sculli.
Kovolenko added "We hope visitors from all over the area come and explore and return again and again to Ambridge.”
Want to attend?
Cost: Free to attend, exception Hands on History Days at Old Economy Village
Ambridge Historic District between 11th to 18th Streets in Ambridge
Saturday, May 6 11 to 5 pm
Sunday, May 7 From 12 to 5 pm
- Laughlin Memorial Free Library 99 11th St , Family Activities
- LuLaRoe Pop-Up (Saturday) 1194 Merchant St, Kendall Coleman
- Fox's Pizza Den ,1204 Merchant St ,Fresh, delicious pizza, specialty hoagies and mouth-watering sides
- Good Intent Trading Antiques 1216 Church St , Sidewalk Sale
- Ohio Valley Lines Model Railroad 1225 Merchant St., Scale Miniature Railroad & Museum (Donations Accepted)
- Tobin Studios ,1234 Merchant St, Music Under the Awning , Musicians: Jim & Debra Tobin and Holly Mathias ,Fine Art Exhibition, Artists: Jim & Debra Tobin, & students LuLaRoe Pop-Up , Amber Smith (Sunday), Open Drawing Sessions, Wildtree: Patty Matzie: Meal planning & organic products (Saturday)
- Akulina’s Antiques 260 13th St ,Sidewalk Sale
- Firehouse Lounge 1301 Merchant St Bar & Grill
- Open House ,1303 Merchant St ,PNC Bank Representative ,Small Business Information (Saturday) New Alliance Bank Representative Small Business Information (Sunday) Willow Designs, Vintage & Eclectic Home Décor, CCBA Hand Crafted Wind Chime Raffle Tanya Waschak & Hilary Shames, Iron Horse Theater , Meet and Greet , Rustbelt Mayberry Photography Pop-Up Portraits for Mother’s Day
- RiverTown Antiques ,1307 Merchant St, Grand Opening, Walking Tours of The Historic District Saturday & Sunday: 12, 2 & 4pm Fine Art Exhibition, Hilary Shames
- Orbit Inn , 1327 Merchant St Bar and Restaurant
- Open House ,1398 Merchant St ,Fireworks Committee Pastry Sale WesBanco Bank Representative Small Business Information, Fine Art Exhibition, Featuring the work of CCBC Students Public Interactive Art Project
- MLPM Studio Gallery, 273 14th St., Fine Art Open House (free), Glass Mosaic Workshop, Sessions: 12 - 3pm, Saturday & Sunday Fee: $45, Preregister: www.facebook.com/mlpmstudiogallery/
- Gist Catering, 303 14th St, Soulful custom catering
- Papa Duke’s Gyros Cheese to Meat You Merchant St., Food Trucks
- Open House: Microsonic , 1421-99 Merchant St. , Realtor & Property Investment Resource Center, Talk with our Realtors to hear of local opportunities. Historic District Raffle Basket Sponsors: Akulinaâ€™s Antiques, Good Intent Trading & RiverTown Antiques
- Old Economy Village, 1399 Church St., Hands on History Days (admission fee) 19th century crafts, trades & games, Ambridge residents: Inquire about free pass 6th Annual Garden Mart (free) Saturday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
Vendors with plants & garden items
- Heslet House Bed & Breakfast, 1427 Church Street, Raffle one night stay at B&B, A house with history from the early Republic, the Harmonist era & the post-Harmonist era
- Old Economy Inn Bed & Breakfast 1515 Church St, Raffle one night stay at B&B, A lovingly restored 1828 Harmonist home