"We come here every year for the Christmas event. Nineteen years ago, we were married here in the gardens. The property is getting more open, more accessible, and the weather is beautiful," shared Chris Dilla, owner Bocktown Grill.
"This is the most people I have ever seen here and the first time I went to listen to the choir. It was wonderful, it gave me goosebumps," added Dilla.
"We had a great turnout on Saturday with just over 1,000 visitors in attendance," Site Administrator Micheal Knecht shared.
"Everyone seemed to enjoy the event from exhibits and demonstrators to choirs and craft vendors. There was something to please everyone."
Location and time:
Old Economy Village, 270 16th Street, Ambridge
2 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Cost ( Go to the Visitor's Center for passes)
- Free for Ambridge Borough Pass Holders and FOEV Members.,
- $10 adults (12-64); $9 seniors (65+); $6 children (3-11)
Entertainment for Sunday :
- 3 p.m. Western Beaver Jr/Sr. High
- 5 p.m. Our Lady of Peace
- Visitor Center
- Feast Hall/Museum Building
- Frederick Rapp House
- George Rapp House
- Mechanics Building
- Store and Post Office
- Bakers House
- Community Kitchen
- Cabinet Shop
- Blacksmith Shop
- das Kinderhaus
- Cobblestone Street
Food and Drink locations:
- Store Building- Water
- Community Kitchen - Soup and Wine
- Granary - Strudel, hot chocolate, coffee
- Cobblestone Street - Roasted, chestnuts, hot cider
Children's Activities and locations
- Granary - Meet Belsnickel ( German Santa) and see your name is on Naughty or Nice list in
- Granary - Crafts
- das Kinderhaus - Story , craft , and play